What Should I Know About Dental Crowns?March 31, 2022 3:30 pm
Advanced Dentistry of Nevada offers comprehensive dentistry, including natural-looking dental crowns that are ready in just one visit.
A dental crown is a restorative treatment that is also known as a cap because of the way that it covers the top of a tooth. Dental crowns are typically made from ceramic, porcelain, or stainless steel. These materials provide a durable and, in the case of ceramic or porcelain, natural-looking tooth cover.
Dental crowns are a versatile treatment. They can be used to strengthen a decayed or damaged tooth, repair a cracked or broken tooth, support a tooth with an especially large filling, address surface wear and tear, or hide discoloration or a misshapen tooth. Crowns can also be used in restorative procedures such as dental implants or dental bridges.
The Same-Day Dental Crown Procedure
If you’re going to be getting a dental crown, here’s what you can expect:
- The first thing the dentist will do is evaluate the state of your tooth.
- Your tooth will need to be shaped so that a crown can fit perfectly.
- Once the tooth is prepared, the next step is to take mess-free, digital impressions with special software that will be used to design your crown on the computer.
- Your crown is custom-crafted in-house with advanced CEREC® technology.
- The same day you come in, you leave with your permanent crown!
Restorative Dentistry in Nevada, MO
If you have need for a restorative procedure, our office is here to help! Here at Advanced Dentistry of Nevada, MO, we offer a range of restorative services, including same-day CEREC crowns, tooth-colored fillings, bridges, periodontal care, root canals therapy, dentures, wisdom teeth removal, oral surgery, and more! Our team prioritizes the safety, comfort, and needs of our patients and strives to deliver the best care possible. Contact us today to schedule an appointment at our office!